The Wilson Academy is a private, accredited, middle & high school. We have a unique approach to education, and our success comes down to The Three E’s:
No matter how smart your child is, the wrong environment will keep your child from reaching his or her potential. The Wilson Academy does not accept students with behavior problems or a history of behavioral infractions; so we are a safe, bully-free environment. By enrolling your child at The Wilson Academy you can surround him or her with students who want to be here, want to behave, and want to learn.
Our average class size is 16 students (our limit is 20). Every year our critical-thinking based program helps our students earn thousands in college scholarship dollars, with a school total well into the millions! We have several key components:
- Small classes – Our average class size is 16 students (our limit is 20).
- Skill-based Classes – We group our students based primarily on ability, rather than what grade they’re in. This takes a great amount of effort, skill, and experience to implement properly – which is why this approach is so unique.
- Unique Curriculum – You won’t find our curriculum anywhere else. That is because it was created BY The Wilson Academy specifically FOR our students. We have discarded the rigid, generalized components found in most curriculum, and replaced them with innovative solutions that have proven to be successful.
- Financial Education – We don’t know what our students will do for a living, but we do know they will have money. This is why financial education is a vital component of our curriculum. Students learn not only how to manage money, but how to make their money work for them.
- STEM – Many future career opportunities will require proficiency in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math; so, our curriculum ensures our students will be prepared. In fact, many of our graduates select engineering majors in college.
We have high expectations for our students because we provide them with the instruction, support, and resources they require to be the successful students you want your children to be.
At The Wilson Academy, we realize that not all learning takes place in the classroom. Our students regularly take college visits (both in and out-of-state), perform community service, and have curriculum-related field trips every month. We expose our students to different cultures, different ideas, and even different countries as part of our International Travel Initiative.